This bisque is great if you want to take advantage of a great winter veggie: the squash.
- 1 large butternut squash or 1 large acorn squash, cooked (see below)
- 2 X 340g packages of thawed, uncooked seafood (mixed seafood, shrimp, calamari, scallops, any of these will do...white fish is fine too)
- 1 jar of Sharwood's Thai Red Curry sauce (I found this one at G.J. Andrews)
- Red curry paste or cayenne for added spice to taste
- Turn oven on to 350F.
- Cut squash(es) in half and put face down on a cookie sheet. They tend not to stick much, so greasing the pan is optional.
- Cook squash on middle rack for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, scoop out seeds and scoop out flesh of squash into bowl.
- Using a pureeing device, such as a Cuisinart food chopper or a wand mixer, puré the squash until smooth and add to slow cooker.
- Add Sharwood's Thai Red Curry sauce and thawed packages of uncooked seafood.
- Cook for 4-5 hours.
- Add additional curry paste or cayenne pepper if you want more flavour.
- Freeze excess to enjoy later.
This recipe is a nice change of pace. The sauce selected above is only a suggestion. Any spicy fish broth base sauce is likely to be a good fit.