If you've been to a Chrysalis CrossFit potluck, chances are you've eaten some of our chilli. Here's the recipe:
- 1-2 lbs of ground beef, cooked and chopped with a Cuisinart
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes (840ml)
- 1 can of red kidney beans (540ml)
- 1 large can of tomato paste (340ml)
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Cayenne to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients and spices to slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low...the longer the better. You can have it cook all day if you like.
It's easy to experiment with this recipe. It's very forgiving. You can make the chilli thicker by using more meat and/or tomato paste. You can add another can of kidney beans and forego the meat or you can substitute the ground beef for ground chicken, turkey, pork or even lamb!